Friday, January 16, 2009

Salute!



These past few days have been a lot of fun, we've been walking A LOT. My feet have been hurting since I arrived but it's worth it because there is just so much to see and do in Rome. Time seems to pass really fast here; my usual routine consists of waking up and getting some breakfast, doing some sightseeing, eating lunch at a little cafe, continue sightseeing, go home and relax, get ready, pre-game and go out at like midnight. The first night my roomies and I went out we went to Piazza de Fiori which has a bunch of "American" bars. They were mostly packed with study abroad students, so I got to meet some more people from my program. Last night we went to an Irish pub that had mostly Americans, a few Irish guys and some Italians. This place was a blast, they played mostly old school American music, we're talking Britney Spears, Journey, Spice Girls, Hanson, The Village People etc. Every girl was like "omg this is my song!!!" it was awesome. Tonight we want to DANCE so we're going to a discotecha! I'm really excited to see what it's like, apparently clubs here are legit so we shall see. I have already found a little crew to sight see, party and will travel with which consists of Christina, who I share my room with, Jessie another roomie, and Molly and Lauren who live a few blocks from us. We have also become friends with a few boys from our program who live upstairs and they are a lot of fun too. I thought coming to Italy alone would be scarier, but I have made friends so fast and with some awesome people already. Although I'm not sure how I would do if i had to navigate Rome alone (Christina is my personal mapquest hahaha) I'm just not really worried about it because I know I can figure it out on my own. I've already started taking a bunch of pics of not only the sights but going out also, there are way too many to post here so check my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment