Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas Everyday!

Since we've moved in, I think everything has stopped working at least once including:
-1 toilet
-the heat
-oven was uninstalled
-stove burner
-washing machine

We have come to the conclusion that since everything is literally brand new (still have tags on stuff) they just weren't finished installing things in our apartment. Everyday a maintenance person comes to fix things we didn't know were broken (like the heat, although it definitely explained why we were so cold!) or to bring us something new including:
-medicine cabinets for both bathrooms with mirror, shelf, light
-clothes drying rack (of course the day we bought our own...)
-and a TV!!!! It's seriously like Christmas everyday! (p.s 1 of our 8 channels is Italian MTV, they play American songs and Italian. We have been glued to it all day, seeing as we haven't watched TV in about 2 weeks)

Today was the field trip to Ikea so we could pick up a few things for the apartment, most importantly HANGERS!!! My roomies were nice enough to pick me up a few things there. I am now officially completely unpacked and moved into my room, it's an awesome feeling :) I didn't make it to Ikea because my Aunt Therese who lives in Florence came down to visit me! I haven't seen her in 14 years, it was a very exciting and emotional reunion. Since I had to visit the Vittorio Emanuele monument in Piazza Venezia for my history class, we went there together so I could take some notes and then we had lunch. Our visit was short, but definitely worth it and I'm so excited to visit her in Florence next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment