Saturday, February 14, 2009

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore"

This week hasn't been too eventful, just an average week in Rome. We've been having some interesting weather though, a lot of rain and thunderstorms. It even hailed one day even though the sun was out, weird. It's been raining so much that the Tiber river is getting really high and might flood again if this keeps up. This weekend was a much needed break of the rain and we had some sunny days but it's REALLY cold and windy; no fun for walking.

Last night a bunch of us went out and ended up walking all over the heart of Rome. Our original plan was to go on an organized pub crawl that started at the Colosseum but we were running late so we ditched that and went to Campo de Fiori for apertivo and drinks. We decided we needed to go to a club and dance so after getting a little lost and changing our plans a bit, we ended up at Gilda's, a discotecha! I had a good time but I would have had more fun if we didn't do so much wandering a before; cobblestone streets+heals=no bueno. They played really fun hip hop and techno music and there were so many JCU students there it was ridiculous. We met some interesting Italians that were really excited that we were American haha.

Today is Valentine's day! Me and some of the girls went to see Sleeping Beauty the ballet at this gorgeous Opera house in Rome. We had box seats, one just for us to sit in and we felt so classy. After the ballet we went to dinner and I decided to order something besides pasta; I got the steak and potatoes. It was a nice change, even though they gave me french fries instead of roasted potatoes (I think they did it because we're Americans lol) and even better was the chocolate cake and tiramisu for dessert!


At the ballet

I think I'm getting sick again, booo so I am being responsible and staying in to rest up. I don't want to be sick next week in Venice for Carnivale!!!! I'm so excited!!

p.s. I have yet to be serenaded "That's Amore" by an Italian, I'm workin on it hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment